The 43rd Annual Respect Life Apostolate Convention will be held at the St. Charles Convention Center on Sunday, October 13.
Keynote speaker Abby Johnson, a national pro-life advocate and author, will share her powerful story of conversion, healing and hope.
Abby, a convert to both the Catholic faith and the pro-life movement, was featured in the 2019 film Unplanned. She is also the founder of And Then There Were None (ATTWN), a ministry that has helped over 500 clinic workers leave the abortion industry and that number continues to rise. In addition, Abby is the author two books, Unplanned and The Walls are Talking.
The day begins with 9:30 a.m. Mass celebrated by Bishop Mark Rivituso followed by the Keynote Luncheon/Awards Ceremony at 11:30 a.m. Two rounds of inspiring workshops – starting at 2 p.m. – feature local, state, and national pro- life leaders, including:
- Mind. Body. Soul. Three Things Catholics Need to Know about NFP (Tiffany Hoeckelman, Archdiocese of St. Louis)
- After Unplanned: What’s Next? Consistent and Compassionate Pro-life Messaging (Brandy Meeks, ATTWN)
- Pro–Life Success in the States: Winning Strategies in Missouri and the Rest of the Nation (Michael J. New Ph.D., Catholic University of America/Charlotte Lozier Institute and Deacon Samuel Lee, Campaign Life Missouri)
- Pro–Life Bioethics (David A. Prentice Ph.D., Charlotte Lozier Institute)
o Session 1: Overview of Current Challenges to Pro-Life Bioethics
o Session 2: Stem Cells: Science, Ethics and Saving Lives Now
- Emotional Virtue for a Drama-Free Life (Sarah Swafford, Emotional Virtue Ministries)
- Screen Addiction: Why You Can’t Put Down That Phone (Sr. Marysia Weber RSM DO MA, Archdiocese of St. Louis)
Cost for the keynote presentation and luncheon is $50 per seat, $500 per table of 10, and $25 for students, seminarians, and religious in formation. Online pre-registration for the keynote luncheon is required
on or by October 1 at https://prolifestl.regfox.com/2019-respect-life-convention
For questions or online registration help, please contact the RLA at email@example.com or 314-792–7555.